We are business owners for a reason. That creative drive that we feel deep down in our soul. It ignites and fuels us. We are fixated on the success of our business. What is success? It is different for everyone, but we don’t always celebrate the small hoorays that happen.
When my best friend sent me this article about a Nectar list, I related to it instantly. Especially when it comes to our businesses, we are constantly planning for the next stages, looking forward to the next brand redesign, awaiting for the next awesome client, that we sometimes don't stop to reflect on what we have and how far we have come. As 2015 comes to a close, it's time to do some major reflecting.
So this is where the nectar list comes in. "We list the things that have been the nectar of our existence so far." This is a great opportunity for you to write down all of your accomplishments, big or small, pertaining to your business. Everyone's list will be different but it will amaze you as to how far you have come and what you have already achieved. Don’t use this to play the comparison game, use it to be proud of your business, go ahead and brag :)
My 2015 Nectar List:
- Took my business full time- Eek!!
- Was featured on 100 Layer Cake and booked a bride who saw the feature!
- Styled and designed wedding photo shoots with amazing vendors
- Was a vendor at The Big Fake Wedding NYC and featured on Ruffled Blog
- Attended the Creative at Heart Conference in November
- Had beautiful business cards created by Bella Carta Boutique
- Just in the past few months have met and connected with so many like minded creatives through The Rising Tide Society & Savvy Business Owners. Forever grateful for these friendships.
- Had coaching sessions with Morgan, from Paisley & Jade , for some possibly big changes happening in the future and I am so glad I got to finally meet her in person!
- Chatted with Kat from Dear Sweetheart Events who helped me with my business in more ways than she could ever imagine. She is seriously the best!
- Was featured on Every Last Detail blog
- Hosted a successful instagram giveaway and grew my following
- Booked a 2017 couple!
- Have so many amazing couples booked for 2016 that I am truly grateful for!
It's time for high fives and confetti throwing. What is on your #nectarlist?!